plug problem

does anyone know what to do here to get rid of this?

all of my waves plugs wont work all of a sudden and i cannot find these unmarked plugs in internal drive/applications/waves/waves plugins

also, the only wav plugs that seem to work are listed in the same folder labeled waves plugins but in a new folder called plug in setting-new location.

help please

g

nyc

737254229_Screenshot2011-09-07at6_17_24PM.thumb.png.38058491fc99b9512d65a9f4c69413e0.png

975840567_Screenshot2011-09-07at6_39_07PM.png.201253611ad5bd385c8aad2005651400.png

i just downloaded the pacifist. where do i find the auvaltool? you talking about logics installer package?

Huh? What are you talking about man?...something I said in an ancient thread about reinstalling the auvaltool with the help of pacifist? How did you arrive at the conclusion that the auvaltool suddenly went nuts and corrupted whatever plug-ins it had already validated?

Jeeeeeeezzzzz

A good place to start would be to quit Logic, then trash the audiounits cache. Right after you do that, look for the especial AU authorization tool that comes with Waves plug-ins and run it. After that, launch Logic again.

See if that helps.

J.

J.

i am running 10.6.8

i found the /usr/bin/ in my files but cannot seem to draag it onto pacifist.

do i need to reinstall my osx? i hhad it installed by a friend. it is a real version i just do not have the discs.

what do you suggest?

i am very frustrated as you can tell.

well, i tried. the 2 waves plugs that i installed yesterday show up fine and work.

the other 300 or so do not. my auval pop up is consistant during the scanning of the plugs. says the auvail fails.

my "incompatible units" were fine 2 days ago. its a logic thing and i do not know what.

the waves are fine and installed just not being recognized for some reason.

i am gonna need some help i guess.

thanks so much for the effort bro.

g

nyc

2046944081_Screenshot2011-09-07at8_36_09PM.png.e5a2c023ce484a790cb7541c3953603d.png

yeah. its so weird. i installed 2 waves plugs yesterday and they run fine. but the others wont.

i can try it again i guess. i even restarted after the procedure then ran logic.

i am tempted to uninstall all of my waves but for fear that all the sessions that i have used them in will be gone and not auto replaced with the settings and all.

that would be a disaster.

i will try again.

i watched the au manager run through all 567 plugs and it looked like it was fine till around 512 when the auvali pop up as not working came back and then i was told 300 or so plugs were not validated as i sent to you as the attachment.

g

nyc

g

hallelulia!

so, i needed to run the waveshell au reg utility over again for my existing plugs which were under version 7.0 app

the 2 new ones i installed yesterday were 8.0 app. and they were installed automatically.

so the 8.0 knocked out the 7.0 for some reason from being validated and recognized it seems. so after installing the 7.0 app again, all is good.

1. THANKS SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH. THIS WAS A VALUABLE LESSON FOR ME!

2. LOVED YOUR SILENCE, I KILL YOU POST! AND YES, I NEEDED THAT AS WELL.

I WAS FLIPPIN OUT!

DUDE, YOU JUST ROCK MAN. HOW DOES A GUY KNOW SO MUCH?

I WANT TO CATCH UP. I PRODUCE TOO MUCH INSTEAD OF GETTING INTO THE NITTY GRITTY.

WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND? JUST KEEP READING RIGHT?

THANKS AGAIN......

SERIOUSLY.....

g

nyc

Hey, glad to hear it worked!

I PRODUCE TOO MUCH INSTEAD OF GETTING INTO THE NITTY GRITTY.

You should continue doing that. It will only make you better at it...practice, they call it.

Who cares if you don't know your way around a computer? Being a geek and a good producer are 2 different things. You can be both, of course, but I'd rather be latter.

Cheers,

J.