How To Bring Back Old Logic Plug Ins In Logic Pro 9?

Matthew M.

When I was using Logic Pro 7, one of my favorite plug ins were the Beach Boys styled organs, which were presets based on a few of their songs, "Good Vibrations," "Surfin' U.S.A.," and "California Girls".

I've been wanting to record some cover versions of their songs and having these presets would be incredibly helpful. Unfortunately, I no longer have Logic 7 installed (I'm on 9) and I wouldn't have the space to put both 7 and 9 in my system.

So is there a way to bring those plug ins back or find out what the exact settings were to recreate those sounds?

Thanks!

You could extract the settings from the LP7 installer using Pacifist, or they might even be in the Legacy Content installer which is still included with LP9...

In fact I just checked, and at least some of those are indeed in LP9's "Legacy Content" EVB3 plugin-settings. If you haven't installed them, do that first...

• 3 months later...
This what you're looking for?

I know I'm late to respond to this, but thank you very much. Great to get some of those sounds back. However, I was unable to locate the "Good Vibrations" organ sound, which would be great to have right now, as I've been commissioned to do a cover of the song for a Beach Boys tribute album. If anyone would be kind enough to provide that (either here or via private message), I would be immensely grateful.

Thanks!