Best way to "migrate" Logic from old to new comp?

Hello -

Very recently purchased a newer (used) Mac Pro (Early 2009). I loaded it up with RAM and new HDDs. I would like to "migrate" my Apple software programs including Logic Pro (and Final Cut Pro) from my older Mac Pro computer to the newer one. I believe that there is a "Migrate" feature found within the operating system. (I'm not at home so I can't reference my computer for correct names of things.) What would be the best way to transfer my programs from one computer to the next? Should I use this "Migrate" feature (or whatever it's called)? Should I just use the disks from the programs themselves? (I have them all!) I would like to keep intact my settings and many templetes that I've created throughout the recent years. I can always re-create them again, I suppose. Once all is on the newer Mac Pro, I plan on selling the older one (minus the programs of course). It's still in fine working order.

Thank you for your time and input. :)

Ted

Hi David -

I have a number of templets that I've created over the past 4 or 5 years that I would like to copy to the newer computer, but that's it. Actually, I only use about a half dozen of the templets that I've created so I won't even copy and transfer all of them.

I've named all of the hard drives on the newer computer the same as the older Mac Pro. Hopefully this will enable me to open projects on the newer computer without experiencing problems of the program finding all of the necessary files of the project (like the samples of an orchestral library). It seems like it's going to take forever to load everything unto the new computer correctly.