Program Change - Mainstage

Svenning

Hello all ...

I have just got Mainstage on my Macbook, and I have created several patches in Mainstage. Are there any way, how to control the selection of the different patches with a program change sent from an external mididevice? I now that I can assign the patch up and down button to a midi-keyboard, but that is not what I wan't to do!

Sorry my english :) Hoping for some good answers.

Best regards,

Michael - Denmark

Hi CCTmusic.

Thank you for your answer! What about my midi setup in Mainstage. I am thinking on the midichannels - send and receive. Let's say that I only want to receive on midi channel 1. How can i choose that? Are there any global function for that, so it's receiving at midichannel 1 on all my patches?

Hi CCTmusic.

Thank you for your answer! What about my midi setup in Mainstage. I am thinking on the midichannels - send and receive. Let's say that I only want to receive on midi channel 1. How can i choose that? Are there any global function for that, so it's receiving at midichannel 1 on all my patches?

Hi

If you mean selecting a 'Global" MIDI channel for the Program Changes (???)... yes, select the Concert and in the Inspector choose the channel and device you'd like to use for PG messages (see below).

If you mean that you'd like to only have Software Instrument channels respond to one MIDI channel from 1 keyboard controller, you can assign this in Layout Mode. Select the Keyboard object and choose the desired channel in the Screen Control Inspector

HTH

CCT

273318034_MSPG.jpg.2b13db0b72a0b4a36866e6812bdf3c71.jpg

Hi CCT

Thank you for your illustrations. It's super!

Do you know, how to send a program change from Logic to Mainstage - and how i am choosing my midichannels in logic and how i am making a program change in Logic. Hope you can help me a little but more - thanks!

/Michael