Arpeggiator late to change when changing note

synthsensation

Logics arp just doesn't seem to work. When changing from one note to another using midi controller, the arp pattern is always delayed/late of the change. Why? Does anyone have a solution to this? it's driving me nuts!

I've tried triggering the arp with caps lock keyboard (so I know it's not a midi controller problem) and made sure 'snap to' is set to 'none'.

thanks in advance Miles:)

I'm pretty sure this has been a long standing problem in Logic. The built in arpeggiator starts after the beat/note press and finishes after the release. From what I've been told it's inherent to the way it was designed. I know myself and many others have complained to the powers that be but as of yet it's not been fixed.

Best bet is to get a 3rd party plugin for an arpeggiator function that works. That is until the built in one gets fixed.

I have experienced the same problems (delayed onset, notes continuing after I've stopped playing). I've also experienced irregular rhythms, stuck notes (especially with hardware), unpredictable behavior (such as note length affecting the rhythmic resolution of the arp, etc.) I've tried different methods of connection (cabling directly to an instrument (software and hardware), inserting the arp in between Sum and Physical Input).

Very frustrating.

One alternative is to use the arp inside Native Instruments Kore 2. You can run Kore 2 as a plugin and run other AUs within it. I'm not sure if you could do it with hardware synths but it's worth exploring.

Thanks for the prompt responses everyone. I have been using hardware as a work around for ages, but just can't seem to get get a midi controller that I like the arp, keybed, and endless rotaries on. Unfortunately buying a dedicated hardware midi arpeggiator, well.. are they still made? Seems impossible trying to source a Oberheim Cyclone or MAM Map1.

I have used Novation V-station as it has an arp function, but I don't like the synth sounds or set-up. I wan't to be able to use an arp function with any bundled or 3rd party softsynth.

If anyone has a solution to 3rd party plugin arps I'd love to know. I heard Hypercylic works? but then someone told me 3rd party arp plugs don't work in logic because of the au/environment design.

Logic costs a lot of money and I think we should all expect the advertised functions to actually work! How can I inform the makers of Logic of this?

At this stage I am probably going to have to buy Cubase to overcome the problem, arps are a essential part of my composing.