Intel Mac: Plug Ins Not Recognised in AU Insts. Folder

peasantpunch

I'm trying to install the Arturia ARP 2600 and Moog Modular, and neither logic 7.2 or logic 9 will recognise them, even though they have successfully installed and everything is in the Components folder as its meant to be.

The weird thing is that they installed and worked on a previous occasion, but i've had to re-install logic and now they don't turn up in the the AU Instruments folder.

On other occasions the .pkg file won't even work properly, saying that i need to install the cd-rom, even though the file i'm using has simply been drawn straight off the cd. I don't understand the inconsistency.

I thought this might be something to do with the fact i'm using an new Intel Mac, but it can't be that if they've already worked?

Might it be that there are still traces from previous installations that are causing confusion, even though the hard drive has been wiped? Do i need to perform a more rigorous 7x Zero hard drive erasure to be sure?

Are you running Logic in 64-bit mode?

I'm using an i5 mac book pro, and wasn't given a choice between 32 and 64 bit when i installed either v7.2 or v9 of logic.

ARP 2600 is v2.0

Moog Modular is v2.5

Do you think there could be a clash?

It just seems strange that have previously worked on the same system...

you don't set that at installation, you need to control-click the Logic 9 app in the Applications folder, select Get Info and check the "open in 32bit mode" box.

J.

Thanks for the advice, hopefully this will work! But i have to get the plug ins to work first on v7.2. Is there another way to do it on this version? I tried control clicking of the app but it just opened as normal and i couldn't get the Get Info option...

No, you need to open Logic in 32bit mode to have them scanned by the AU validation tool. After that you can go back to 64 bit.

J.

I found the Get Info, but Logic v7.2 only gives me the option of whether i want to run it with Rosetta or not... Is there a way of changing this setting with the programme itself do you know??

Try deleting your audiounit cache file:-

/Users/*YOU*/Library/Caches/com.apple.audiounits.cache

Reboot, and Logic should rescan all the plugins again.

Thanks, but the problem is that the plug in doesn't even show up on the au manager list in the first place.

I tried deleting the cache but nothing happend.

Can i confirm that there are no known compatability problems between arturia arp2600 v2.0, moog modular v2.5 nand logic v7.2?

Thanks, but the problem is that the plug in doesn't even show up on the au manager list in the first place.

Which is why I suggested trashing the cache - what happens here is that sometimes Logic/OSX doesn't realise you've added new audiounits. Trashing the cache forces another look at the installed audiounits, thus adding those that weren't showing up before.

*Nothing* happened?

So you deleted that file, rebooted, started Logic, and Logic *did not* rescan all your installed plugins?

Or it *did* rescan your plugins on startup, but those missing plugins were still not there or showing in the au manager afterwards?

Which is it?

I think at least some of those plugins you mentioned have standalone applications - do the standalones work, or not? Do the plugins show up in any other host (eg Garageband, AU Lab, Live, Final Cut Pro etc?)

Which is why I suggested trashing the cache - what happens here is that sometimes Logic/OSX doesn't realise you've added new audiounits. Trashing the cache forces another look at the installed audiounits, thus adding those that weren't showing up before.

*Nothing* happened?

So you deleted that file, rebooted, started Logic, and Logic *did not* rescan all your installed plugins?

Or it *did* rescan your plugins on startup, but those missing plugins were still not there or showing in the au manager afterwards?

Which is it?

I think at least some of those plugins you mentioned have standalone applications - do the standalones work, or not? Do the plugins show up in any other host (eg Garageband, AU Lab, Live, Final Cut Pro etc?)

Exactly, i deleted the file, logic scanned, and they were neither there before or after.

They don't appear as standalone applications either. Weird

Just as an FYI.. The latest version of ARP2600 is 2.0.2 which you should upgrade to... if you haven't already as there were a few weird bugs in the original 2.0.0 release...

Also, have you confirmed that both plugins ARE in fact installed in the Components folder so Logic can actually scan them?

Just as an FYI.. The latest version of ARP2600 is 2.0.2 which you should upgrade to... if you haven't already as there were a few weird bugs in the original 2.0.0 release...

Also, have you confirmed that both plugins ARE in fact installed in the Components folder so Logic can actually scan them?

But in order to upgrade i presume i need to get the v2.0 version installed first...

But in order to upgrade i presume i need to get the v2.0 version installed first...

Well, unless the latest full version is, in fact, 2.02 but if it is only an upgrade patch, I'd agree with you.

Anyhow, more importantly.. did you check the components folder to make sure the plugins are actually there because if they are not, then there are two possibly causes..

1) You are not installing the AU versions... Maybe there are different installers for different versions like the Mac VST plugins for example. Check the VST folder to see if they are being installed there too/instead.

2) The installers themselves are not working in which case you might want to try a manual install approach (Dragging the plugin component itself, to the component folder)

Also check for any stand alone versions... usually found in the applications folder.

First though, you need to check the status of the plugins themselves to see if they are actually being placed into the component folder and confirm that one way or the other.

If the installers themselves are not working you might want to try the install CDs in a different Mac (Just in case the issue is your cd/dvd drive... It;s unlikely you have two bad CDs but that is possible though unlikely so it could just be a bad CD drive.. or, for whatever reason, the installers are failing to work due to some incompatibility issue with your OS/other installed software/hardware. Testing it on a different Mac might eliminate some of these possibilities.

Tried installing them under a different account.. might rule out any installed software issues.

Can't think of anything else that might cause this issue.

What do Arturia say? (Assuming you have contacted them?)

Oh.. one last thing.. Got to ask/mention this.. But if you are trying to install the so called "cracked' versions of these two pieces of software, that were doing the rounds for the last few months.. they won't install properly on some Macs because of issues with how they were 'cracked' So if you are doing so.. that's why!

Indeed - if the AU's are scanned and they are still not showing up, check both component folders to see whether the actual AU component files are there.

Make sure they are Universal Binary files to, by doing a get info and seeing whether they are indicated as such (just to rule out old PPC-only plugins, which won't work.)