Sending out a track to a compressor, back into logic

logicproguy

hi when you send sound out of logic and then want it to come back in without any latency what do you exactly have to adjust? I am testing out a drum loop sending it through a unit then having it come back into logic, but there is a lot of lag. I know I have to change something maybe to the buffers, but in this case every time there is situation like this , is this what you have to do?

like to know your thoughts and if anyone has the same problems

Ok I have backed track some of the older topics of this, even called technical support but am still getting a lot of a lag. Perhaps it is this system, I am running on an IMAC station.

Basically on one of the tracks, I need to go into a unit then back into logic which is a kick drum so I am sending the output of the kick drum into the hardware I have tied into to it on on chan 7-8 to my audio interface. Then on another new track I take the output of the hardware which is assigned to 7-8(output) and run it through logic and a track and enable rec to hear it. The problem is no matter how low i bring my buffer size, I hear delay in the beat and it is not matching up to the rest of my content. :evil:

I also tried using an I/o plugin on an empty track to bring in the hardware unit and i'm still not getting everything exactly on beat. The tech rep said that he was running an older IMAC G5 series that was 7 or 8 years back and able to do this no problem, very weird. I'm thinking this would suck if I bough more hardware and had to go through this problem every time, unwanted delay and lag is the devil.

I also tried using an I/o plugin on an empty track to bring in the hardware unit

The track can't be empty, it has to have audio regions or nothing gets sent. Don't assign the channel strip's output to the ports your comp is connected to. Do that in the I/O plug-in. Read the manual.