Pro tools file export to Logic session?

I have a potential client who's got a bunch of Protools sessions. She worked in a Logic studio once before and apparently it was a nightmare because there were tons of un-comped regions, multiple takes and so on transferred from the Ptools sessions and it was horrible trying to make sense of it all.

I told her that ideally, all the comping would be done before any transfers to a different DAW and then the results exported as a bunch of 24 bit files all lined up to the same start. She's thinking about that but wants to keep some flexibility for future mixing (she travels all over the place recording here and there) and she may mix here or just do some tracking.

I've also suggested that she bounce a few stems instead and that we could work with that.

What I'm wondering is if all these ProTools files could be exported en masse as broadcast wav files? IOW, if a file starts on bar 10 and ends on bar 15, would it land on bar 10 when I dropped it into Logic, assuming the same tempo? Can Broadcast Wave files do that?

Any advice appreciated.

Edited by camillo jr

Hey, no problem.

I use this formula:

site:logicprohelp.com followed by the keywords.

For example:

site:logicprohelp.com pro tools broadcast wave camillo jr jordito

Gives this thread as the only result.

I tested what's commented in that thread and got weird results. First the "The stored time stamp of 1 region(s) exceeds the limit of this project." error, and then after adjusting the sync settings I didn't get an error but the region ended up in some weird location.

I should say that the file came from Reaper and not Pro Tools, but maybe you should also test it with a single file coming from Pro Tools, just in case....could alsoi just be Reaper screwing the timestamp...who knows.

J.

I tested what's commented in that thread and got weird results. First the "The stored time stamp of 1 region(s) exceeds the limit of this project." error, and then after adjusting the sync settings I didn't get an error but the region ended up in some weird location.

Be sure to note my comments in that thread about how these errors occur. Project timecode settings across all DAWs have to match exactly.