Gain in Inspector not active [SOLVED]

63strat

There's a pref somewhere to activate the Gain setting in the Inspector. I have a region selected, but the gain control is inactive.

Also the Inspector Transpose is no longer showing half steps, just octaves. I moved to new Mac and my prefs are gone and I can't remember how I once did all of this (and can't find it in the manual anywhere). Thanks.

There's a pref somewhere to activate the Gain setting in the Inspector.

I have never heard of such a preference?

I have a region selected, but the gain control is inactive.

Is that an audio region that you have selected? The Gain parameter only exists for audio regions.

If it is an audio region, and the gain parameter is visible in the inspector, did you try to raise it all the way to +30? You still don't hear any volume change? If not, try this: close your project, and open a new, "empty project" factory template. Create one new audio track. Open the loop browser and drag a blue apple loop onto your audio track. Listen. Lower the gain all the way down to - 30 dB, Listen again - still the same volume?

Also the Inspector Transpose is no longer showing half steps, just octaves.

I'm assuming you are now talking about the region parameters on a MIDI region?

When you click the current value, or the double arrow, you get a pop up menu that only shows octaves, correct. But if you drag the transposition value up or down you should be able to choose any number in semitones. If you don't see a value, click anyway where the value should be, and drag up or down.

PS: If that helps you, there is a preference to show "default values" under Preferences > Display > General. That way you will, by default, see a "0" value rather than nothing in front of the transposition parameter.

07-017.png.7cef5669a4f762af563703230070da4a.png

• 4 years later...

Hi

Hate to bring up an old thread but this is driving me mad

The gain parameter for audio regions in the inspector is never active for me

I have tried dragging-dropping, importing, exporting, bouncing, cutting, copying, pasting, AIFF, WAV, MP3

This has to be random. Most people report that the gain works fine and even now updates the region visually

Never for me. Always greyed out. What is wrong ? Can anyone help ?

Image attached. The audio region has been selected / double-clicked and view with Inspector

http://i.imgur.com/ZI0wjJe.png

The gain parameter for audio regions in the inspector is never active for me

The Gain parameter is always active. Parameters in the Inspector are displayed in gray (note that on your screenshot, Gain is the same color as Loop and Mute, which are also both active).

Position the mouse just behind the colon and double-click to enter a value - or drag up/down to change the current value, even if it is hidden (in your case the value 0 is hidden).