Playback Problem with M-Audio FastTrack Pro

Hey guys,

I've recently encountered a problem with my M-Audio FastTrack Pro interface. I've had this for almost two years now, and lately it's been suddenly stopping playback. I have experienced this while listening through my Rokit5 monitors and my headphones, both of which were connected to the FastTrack Pro at the time. Neither my monitors or headphones are blown however, because I can simply restart the FastTrack Pro and everything works fine....until sound suddenly stops again.

Can anyone diagnose my problem? And is there anything I can do to fix it?

Thanks,

MOODY

To follow up on that,

In the time it took me to write the original post, the FastTrack Pro had stopped playback, hence me making this thread. Since I finished the first post, I went back to working in Logic after having restarted the FastTrack Pro and everything worked fine for about 3 minutes when the playback stopped again. It seems like the intervals where the FastTrack Pro is on and working functionally are getting smaller as time goes by.

Also, to further elaborate on the problem, I can still hear the audio coming from my MicroKorg synthesizer (hooked up to the FastTrack Pro, of course), but cannot hear any MIDI information in Logic or anything from iTunes, internet, etc.

Hope this helps

No I don't. At least not to my knowledge.

My setup is a MacBook (I got this summer '09), M-Audio FastTrack Pro, Rokit 5 Monitors connected via TRS, and my MicroKorg, using both MIDI cables and 1/4" cables for audio. I connect the M-Audio to my computer with a MIDI USB cord.

If it turns out that my problem is in fact the driver, is this something that can be fixed?

Thanks a lot