settings not saving

Adam D

So I've been asking a lot of questions here lately and getting all sorts of help, for which I'm most appreciative. For instance, I learned that for better "snapping" performance, I should check "snap to absolute value." So I did so in the project I was working on, and sure enough, it really made things snap better. I saved the project, quite Logic, opened it up later and my project wasn't snapping so well. Nor was my auto track zoom left checked (where I had left it), nor was the drag set to crossfade, like I had left it. I saved the project. But when I open it back up, none of my settings are saved.

So, what do I have to check to keep all the things I check, checked? For a particular project? For all of my projects. (like my default preferences?)

Thanks

In the Settings tab in the toolbar everything that is set there will be Project only settings. Preferences on the other hand are global settings meaning they will effect all Projects. The best way to have your settings available for all songs you open in the future would be to save the project as a Template and start each project from that.

Yes. Got that down for sure. Thanks. I think that may be where I was having my trouble. Anyway, they are sticking right now. Strange as it may sound though, I called apple today to talk with them about another problem I was having (logic was asking me to enter my serial number about 1 out of 10 times I start it up) and because of that issue, coupled with the issue that my settings weren't saving in my projects, I had to uninstal and reinstal Logic today completely. So I'm in the process of getting my stuff in order, creating some templates, etc. I'm really buckling down to try to learn what I need.