Help with MS2 for full band(amost)

CarlosUnderground

New to the group so hello to all.

I have a MBP 15 4gb ram 2.3 kHz HD and need to run vocal, guitar, key USB

Into MS, out put discreetly and also two playbacks grouped at once.

Have the all run to 3 aux for in ear monitors and also have a drum return

From FOH with no output, just for monitors. (deep sigh)

I need to know if my laptop can handle the load. Any help is deeply valued.

I have a new 15 MBP, 2 GHz, running a Motu Audio Express.

we plug in an axiom 49 USB MIDI into MBP,

Alesis Ion (Hardware synth) audio into into channel 1 of the Motu

SPD-S Audio into channel 2 of the Motu

Midi cable from the back of the SPD-S into the Motu

Sometimes I'll plug a guitar into The motu as well and run Amp Sim

Then we run output 1/2 to the sound guy,

and the drummer plugs headphones into Output 3/4 for a click, and I send him a little bit of the other instruments as well.

It's worked really well for shows so far, and I have a setlist of about 40 songs in one concert, with all kinds of different patches

It's nice, because even though we have all these different instruments, whether they are midi or audio, they all run through the Motu, and so we only need 1 DI. The sound guys are usually happy about that.

Evan

So you mix it al in MS and give FOH a stereo feed?

Simple and effective, but I need to feed them discreetly so my sound engineer

Can mix them.

Thats because I have a bass track in play back that if my bass player can't or dosnt show, I just turn it up thrue the same output and voila, bass player in the house.

But the multiple out thing is what worries me.

Gonna start full rehersals soon, so I'll let you know how it goes.

quickly looking at what you are trying to achieve....instead fo having 2 playback tracks grouped together, you could just Bounce both tracks into one Stereo File, with one hard panned left and the other hard panned right. This way you only have to use one Playback track and still have independent fx and volume in MainStage, via a bus, on each.

-Brian

Thanks for the tip, but thing is one is a stereo keyboard and miselaneos

Track all nice and mixed, the other is a bass track. I'm also running a third one that is a click with cues for intro, verse, chorus, outro. The first two will go to FOH discreetly,

The click is bused to 3 aux for in ears. My sound guy just likes them separate, and I agree.

It's been working in rehearsals, but I won't rest easy till after the first few shows.

(Damn computers)

Thanks again, Cheers.

Thats because I have a bass track in play back that if my bass player can't or dosnt show, I just turn it up thrue the same output and voila, bass player in the house.

But the multiple out thing is what worries me.

Gonna start full rehersals soon, so I'll let you know how it goes.

sounds like your bass player is as flaky as my bass player :?

Well, truth is, I'm using hired guns for this project. There is a shortage of good rock bass players on the island( Puerto Rico) and sometimes they are all booked. I'm also planing a trip to Argentina, Mexico and Chicago by myself so, if no bass player, no problem. I also have keys recorded, just in case. But I'm not to worried about that, since anyone can play keys. They are dummy proof :D

Hi,

I have a macbookpro mid 2009, intel core 2 duo, 2.53 GHz. 8 GB, but I run Mainstage in 32 bits due to the overprocessing induced by the audio bridge.

I have a Motu ultra lite MK3 to which we connect 2 guitars, one bass, one cavaquihno (brazilian samba guitar), the lead vocal mic, and for certain songs we use up to 6/7 playbacks. We play west african electro music, so a lot of mixing between acoustic and electro sounds.

When the sono enables it, we use all the outupt of the MK3 to send the tracks to the sono guy.

We don't have midi keyboard, only a FCB1010 foot controller connected to the midi in of the MK3.

So far, no CPU or Ram pb. We are at 40%. But it is also clear that u have to know how to optimize the use of the plugins and to settle your concert project.