How do you make a sustaining legato bass sound?

faeriepunk23

hiya,

I'm using ES2 as a bass for a drum and bass track. I was trying to get a smooth sound by setting to 'legato' and having all the midi events bump into each other a bit, so there are no gaps between notes. Unfortunately it keeps on fading out by the time it reaches the end of the phrase. Is there a way to make the bass not lose volume as it progresses?

Thanks!

Geo

in Legato mode the EG (ENV 1, 2 & 3) is only retriggered if there IS a gap between notes. Two solutions: leave a gap beteen certain notes to retrigger the EG, or set the synth from Legato to Mono or Poly; with both settings the EG is retriggered for every note on, overlapping or not.

Depending on how the sound is "constructed", setting ENV 1 to retrig may also do it.

Is there a way to make the bass not lose volume as it progresses?

I think I know exactly what you mean - I've been in that situation many times. The answer, however, depends on so many parameters of the sound you're programming that it's going to be hard to help you without looking at the parameters of the sound you're programming.

Is this a Logic synth? If yes, could you strip down your project to the track presenting the issue and attach it here?