Problems opening MrRay73 and MrTramp plugins in Logic?

Hello, just wondering if anyone could help with this..?

I've downloaded the free demo versions of Rhodes and Wurly simulators MrRay73 Mark II (2.0.3) and MrTramp2 and manually installed them by placing the .component file of each into the location /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components and .VST file in /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST.

(The files are in the above locations on both the user library and system library, as the authors' site suggests they may not work if placed on the system library.)

When I re-open Logic, it scans for new plug-ins and indicates it's detected MrRay73mk2 and MrTramp2. When I go to Logic/Preferences/Audio Units Manager both are showing as available to Logic and successfully validated although the Nodes box is not checked.

The midi keyboard I am using is a Yamaha P95 via an Edirol UA-25 interface. It's all linked up correctly and is playing Apple Software Instruments fine.

But when I load a New Track/Software Instrument or New Track/External Midi Instrument I can't seem to access the MrRay73mk2 and MrTramp2 Audio Units, either via the Browser in the Media Window, or from the Inspector pane by clicking on the instrument insert.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong... It's probably something blindingly obvious, but I can't seem to find the solution, and wondered if anyone had any ideas?

Thank you very much in advance.

You're in luck, just checked and both plug-ins are available in AU format.

Regards,

J.

Edit: Oops, misred your post.

You're doing it wrong.

You need to create a new software instrument track (not a external MIDI track) and load then from the input slot (or instrument slot) in the software instrument channel strip.

http://documentation.apple.com/en/logicpro/usermanual/Art/S03/S0336_ChaStripsCallouts.png

You need to create a new software instrument track (not a external MIDI track) and load then from the input slot (or instrument slot) in the software instrument channel strip.

http://documentation.apple.com/en/logicpro/usermanual/Art/S03/S0336_ChaStripsCallouts.png

Yep, that solved it! Just re-opened Logic, clicked on the Input slot in the Software Instrument channel strip, selected AU Instruments/Gsi/ and both plugins are there! Thanks so much, Jordito!! :)