Plug-in Insert Order Importance....

Oh look at me getting all philosophical and stuff.

I love it. You should try it more often. :lol:

I don't know if you really want to open those floodgates. People might very well go " :shock: " HUH?!!!!?? were I to I really let my hair down and let the [ahem] wisdom* flow :lol:

* a word sometimes used as a euphemism for "drivel"

PS: I strongly agree with all your points! I think the +4 dB default setting is a marketing decision - you know, so that people inserting the compressor on a channel strip instantly hear that channel strip better and believe that the compressor plug-in is responsible for that.

Ah... I see! Louder is better. Um, right?

:lol:

Speaking of defaults, I was well into a project a few years ago and I had just bought the FabFilter ProC compressor. I was eager to try it out and was working all the usual settings. But there are two auto buttons on there, one for the release and the other for...... well, I didn't know what it was for....yet. And I didn't know that it was on. So waaaay into the project I go, "hmmm, what does this button do?" After clicking it while the song was playing, I was gobsmacked (and embarrassed) that I had missed that. Fortunately, it actually worked for many of the vocals. Moral of the story....

Beware.jpg.8af3b8fc416b2e9c0e5add088e48fd67.jpg