Bouncing track from Ultrabeat creates softer track [SOLVED]

melodea

Hi,

I just noticed the following behavior of L9: I have to bounce all tracks from a session to be imported to another program. When bouncing, especially the tracks (MIDI) witch are from Ultrabeat, the resulting (bounced ) tracks are noticeably softer and slightly panned to one side. Has anyone encountered that problem?

I think the bounced track should be EXACTLY the same as the source track.

melodea

Just added the pics. It's in german though!

I didn't normalize just "only clipping protection" (don't know if it's called like that..

There are no plugs and all the levels and pannings are on 0 (dB).

It seems to be happening only with software synth tracks. the audio tracks seem to bounce ok!

I didn't normalize just "only clipping protection" (don't know if it's called like that

That's a form of normalization. If having it on results in lower levels, that means that the signal is clipping before it reaches the first plug-in (in your case). You have 3 choices:

• You turn the signal down manually (in the plug-in itself)

• You use normalization for clipping protection as you did, and you'll get a lower signal

• You turn off normalization and have a clipped audio file

I would recommend the first or the second option.

Ok, thanx. So you think it's always better to bounce with clip protection on?

I prefer my first solution, which is to avoid distorting the output of my instrument. Your levels in Ultrabeat are too high. By keeping a handle on my levels I never have to use clip protection or any other form of normalization, and I know precisely what level to expect when bouncing.