Slow Down During Recording

PaperStSoap

I am running Logic Express 8 on a Macbook Pro 2.4 Ghz Intel Core i5 with 4 GB of ram. I am running it on Snow Leopard 10.6.8.

I might just have terrible rhythm but when I start recording everything goes great but after 8 or so bars my timing with the metronome just goes crazy. I had a similar problem when I used Garageband. Is this a common problem or should I just start practicing my timing. Also If it is something with my computer, is there anything I can do to fix it?

It's either your timing, or it could be latency, which tends to make musicians slow down to sync up with what they hear (which is delayed).

Play a single percussive note, can you hear a delay between the time you play it and the time you hear it through your headphones? If yes, there's a latency issue you have to solve. The first place to look is in your audio preferences: Make sure the i/o buffer size is as small as your computer will handle it.