Bouncing EXS24 Sample

PaperStSoap

I am running Logic Express 8 and been playing around with the EXS24 sampler. What I'm trying to do is find the exact tempo of the samples. I wanted to use the tempo adjust feature on a audio region to do this. So I recorded one of the samples which happens to be 16 seconds long. When I try to bounce it it only bounces the first 3 seconds of the sample. How can I make an audio file of my midi sample, the whole sample?

The sample IS an audio file. Open your EXS24, click the edit button to the top right, and you'll display the instrument editor, listing all the samples (=audio files) used by that instrument. You can then click on the little button to the right of the audio file name and choose "Reveal in Finder" to access the audio file.

I want the tempo of the sample after it has been sped up.

Not too sure how to interpret that. Do you mean you want to alter the pitch of the sample, but not its tempo? You want to retain the original tempo of the file?

If that's the case you should be using the Time and Pitch machine, under the Factory menu, in the sample editor.

I think the route I went was quite inefficient but let me try to explain.

So I chopped a 16 second sample from a song. I put that sample into exs24. I turned the knob up labled "tune" on the frontend, the window with all the knobs for the exs24. That made the pitch higher and sped the sample up. So now when I hit a note on the exs I play that 16 second sample as a midi event. I wanted to bounce that so that I would have an audio file which I could then determine the tempo of the sample which is running at a faster tempo then the original.

I guess what the question really is about is that although the sample is 16 seconds long, when I record using the exs, the region is only about 3 seconds long although it does play the full 16 seconds on my computer. So when I bounce the song it only bounces 3 seconds. I'm probably using many wrong terms so correct me if I'm wrong.