Strip Silence and Flex - any particular order? [SOLVED]

fusbur

Hi

I've used Strip Silence for years but never really understood what it's doing with my audio file. Presumably it's not actually cutting audio below the threshold, like I might do on longer silent passages with the scissor tool. So how is the process achieved?

Next question is regarding Flex and Strip Silence. If I want to Strip Silence and Flex audio, is their an order in which I should do these or would it make no difference?

Many thanks

Sam

Presumably it's not actually cutting audio below the threshold

That's actually exactly what it is doing - non-destructively though, the audio file is still intact.

how is the process achieved?

It's cutting the selected audio region in the Arrange area, creating several smaller regions with gaps in between them.

If I want to Strip Silence and Flex audio, is their an order in which I should do these

I think your results would be the same... what are you doing exactly? For example if it's drums, and if you're stripping them one hit per region, once strip silenced you shouldn't need to Flex them...

Edited by David Nahmani