Ultrabeat Sustain / one shot [SOLVED]

rainstick

When i drop an EXS instrument into Ultrabeat i then have to go through each individual sample on the ultrabeat and turn on the sustain and drag it to the right in order to make the sample not one shot

I was wondering if there was a quicker way to do this, ? it can be a bit tedious when i have to to it 24 times.

cheers!

does anyone know a way to use groove templates with the ultrabeat sequencer, ?

So i could build a loop in ultrabeat that was in time with a groove template i'd made...

Take the MIDI region your groove template is based on and move it out to some position after the end of your song. Now beatmap that region so that the timing matches your groove template for those bars. Copy those tempo events to as many following bars as you like. Use this section to create your sequence in UB.

Drag the new sequence from UB into the Arrange back at the location you want it. Then apply the original groove template to it.

I've never tried this, but it's the only way I can think of to work on a sequence in UB to match a groove template. If there's an easier way I'd love to know it too.

Cool, cheers fader, ill give that a try and see if any other idea's pop up

do you know if there's a way to mass affect the envelope's on the ultrabeat though, ? So i don't have to edit all 24 sample's individually, ?

I tried making an ultrabeat ' template ' where all the section's of the assignment bit are set to ' innit sample ' with the sustain point set on the envelope... But as soon as i drag an EXS file onto the ultrabeat all the envelopes are reset.

do you know if there's a way to mass affect the envelope's on the ultrabeat though, ? So i don't have to edit all 24 sample's individually, ?

I tried making an ultrabeat ' template ' where all the section's of the assignment bit are set to ' innit sample ' with the sustain point set on the envelope... But as soon as i drag an EXS file onto the ultrabeat all the envelopes are reset.

Have you experimented with editing the EXS instrument settings first, then importing to see if that makes any difference?

Hmmm... I don't think the envelope offsets are going to make a difference either. Anyway, in Ultrabeat, you may pick up some speed in changing those settings by switching to the Controls view in the plug-ins View menu. Could help.

You could make a region of automation that sets up the envelopes, but you'd still need to manually toggle the one-shot parameter, I believe.

thanks fader....

one question though - i've beatmapped to a midi groove that i've made... And im not actually sure how to copy over the tempo information, ? i can't find it in the manual or on here, although it's probably in both...

I've done the beat map bit, im just not sure how to copy the tempo infomation across 64 bar's or what not...

cheers

cool cool...

set locators - open tempo list - SHIFT L - CMD C - deselect events - move locator's to desired location - CMD V

just in case anyone else hits this thread or something...

im just coping the grooves tempo information across the entire track in order to get ultra beat to work to the groove....

cheers fader!