Non-soloed track keeps playing in Solo mode

RockstarLeo

Hey all,

I'm having this weird issue in some files I am currently working on. Not sure what causes it to happen, but sometimes an audio track I've created has a red bar crossing over its solo button.

When that does happen, say I'm working on another channel strip, and solo the new strip, the one with the red slash will not mute. So I only solo my new channel strip, but I hear both the red-slashed and the new strips. The only way for the red-slashed track to not play is if I also mute it. This sometimes gets irritating.

Is this a known issue? Is there anyway to turn this off? Once it's happened in a specific project, it won't go away (even after a reload).

I've included a shot of what it looks like in the Environment window, it looks the same in Arrange/Mixer. If I try to solo the "Keys" strip for example, the "Pads" strip keeps on playing even though it is clearly not soloed.

solo-problem.thumb.jpg.8d1833853b3b83960d05778068ac8a9f.jpg

Is the last part considered a bug or normal behavior? (i.e. Logic automatically making the highest audio track solo-safe)

Normal behavior pre-Logic 8 and for any Logic project that was started pre-Logic 8, from a pre-Logic 8 template, or for any reason no longer contains a "Prelisten" channel strip. You can fix those projects by making your own Prelisten channel strip, as Shivermetimbers suggested. Let us know if you need help with that.

While you will not find that behavior for any project started in Logic 8 or later, the reason it is still available to users is to maintain compatibility with older project files.

Is the last part considered a bug or normal behavior? (i.e. Logic automatically making the highest audio track solo-safe)

Normal behavior pre-Logic 8 and for any Logic project that was started pre-Logic 8, from a pre-Logic 8 template, or for any reason no longer contains a "Prelisten" channel strip. You can fix those projects by making your own Prelisten channel strip, as Shivermetimbers suggested. Let us know if you need help with that.

While you will not find that behavior for any project started in Logic 8 or later, the reason it is still available to users is to maintain compatibility with older project files.

...errrr... it is still normal behavior even in 9 (at least in my version). I mean it doesn't do it instantly. Actually, it doesn't happen until you re-open the saved project in which the prelisten channel strip was deleted. As we all know, things like apple loops will play back on the highest audio strip, solo safe'd or not.

However, I recall this happening to me in the past two weeks or so. One channel was always solo safing itself (and I think the prelisten channels was still intact. ) As with most Logic quarks, I tend to ignore them.

Normal behavior pre-Logic 8 and for any Logic project that was started pre-Logic 8, from a pre-Logic 8 template, or for any reason no longer contains a "Prelisten" channel strip.

..errrr... it is still normal behavior even in 9 (at least in my version). I mean it doesn't do it instantly. Actually, it doesn't happen until you re-open the saved project in which the prelisten channel strip was deleted.

:wink: