16x Stereo Instance of Battery 3 ?

Hi

When I click on the channels I/O section to add an instance of Battery 3 I have the following options:-

Mono

Stereo

Multi Output (16x Mono)

Multi Output (1x Stereo 15x Mono)

Multi Output (5x Stereo 7x Mono)

Multi Output (9x Stereo)

Should this last option be 16x stereo? I have checked the outputs section in the options section which is set to 16 stereo outputs and have checked this in several projects where it is the same.

How do I add 16 stereo output instance of Battery 3?

Many thanks

Xenon

if those are your options, as listed in your post, then you don't HAVE 16 stereo outs.

with option#2, you could put all your percussion in the stereo outs, then a kick, snare, high hat, etc in the mono outs (& add stereo reverb, or chorusing, or whatever) in the channel strips).

why do you need stereo outputs for monaural sounds (like kick, snare, high hat).

OR; use two battery instances, and you'll have EIGHTEEN stereo outs.

I get the 16x Stereo option when instanciating Battery 3. Maybe it's your version of Battery?

I have the latest version of Battery 3 - part of the Komplete bundle. When instanciating Kontakt, it allows me as follows:

Mono

Stereo

Multi Output (16x mono)

Multi Output (1x Stereo, 15x Mono)

Multi Output (8x Stereo, 8x Mono)

Multi Output (16x Stereo)

I thought that Battery has in the past allowed me the same options which is why I am confused.

I am trying to set up a template for any drums or samples that I may wish to trigger using B3. Ideally I wanted 8 mono and 8 stereo aux channel strips but as I only had the option of 5x stereo and 7x mono, I was going to set up 16x stereo and change some of them to mono using the selector button at the bottom of the channel strip.

The reason I wanted stereo outputs was because I thought certain hits (cymbals for example) should be in stereo.

Xenon

Hi

I have just downloaded the newest version of Battery 3 which is v3.2.3.

I have two versions of battery 3 in my plugins list - one is called battery 3 and one is called battery 3 automap which is the novation wrapper for the plugin. The list I gave on my original post is what shows under the autmap version and the battery 3 one shows as in the attachment.

Any ideas why this is happening? I can't find anyone else on the net with a similar problem.

Thanks

Xenon

865010014_Screenshot2011-10-05at21_51_54.png.0f53db70292012cf23154ae2acfd7064.png