Logic Library replaced by smaller one upon adding reverb?

Lexbrooke

Hey all

I'm new to Logic so the answer to this is probably very simple!

I've been writing music with the instruments in the logic library however whilst writing and after adding some reverb to one of the instruments the main logic library seemed to disappear and was replaced by another 'smaller' library. I couldn't get the other library to come up again.

Could this be something to do with me changing effects on one of the instruments? All tracks are selected as software instruments.

Any advice would be great!

Thanks! :)

your picture is not a proper link

without seeing it, i would imagine that you just need to bring the focus back to the instruments

if you click on the instrument in the channel strip you are using e.g exs24, this should then bring up the presets linked to that...clicking on the blue highlighted section of any of the effects in your channel strip (providing they are logic native) should bring up presets pertaining to those effects

try, and let us know

Lexbrooke, what most likely happened here is that you changed the Library focus from your Channel Strip Setting to your reverb plug-in. Look at the left channel strip in the Inspector. A white frame around the channel strip setting button (top) or an insert indicates library focus. If the focus is on the reverb plug-in, the Library shows you Reverb settings (a "smaller" library).

Simply click on the channel strip setting button again to give it library focus.

Right, I clicked on it and it has brought up the main library again although I believe it is slightly different. From my understanding this is a library where the instruments sounds are completely 'dry'

In the other library I was using there was a lot more choice of acoustic piano sounds, for example. It's missing the yamaha piano hall sound I was previously using.

Edited by Lexbrooke

OK, I just did a little experiment. I set up a new page, software instruments, picked yamaha grand piano hall, recorded a few notes and then added reverb. I noticed that once adding the reverb it did change my library settings. But it seems to be only the acoustic piano list..

If I select 'no plug in' it goes back to normal. So may ask why once I choose a plug in the list of available pianos then change? It might not even 'matter' as it's still added effects to my chosen sound, I'll just have to make sure it's on the right settings for choice of pianos I want in future tracks :)

Sorry for being a thicko! still a lot to learn!

Again, it really depends on what you click on first. Click on the EXS and you will get the dry piano library. Click on the settings button and the top of the channel strip and you'll get the Channel Strip library, which will include effects. Now if you click on the reverb, you'll get the reverb library.

So yes, there are two different acoustic libraries - one for the EXS sampler itself and another for the channel strips, which will include effects. On my system, for instance, when I click on the channel strip setting "Yamah Piano Hall" I'll get a piano that has a compressor and a reverb loaded along with the EXS sampler. However, if I simply load up an EXS and choose from the piano library there, I'll only be able to get the dry piano.

Be aware that after you load a channel strip piano which has included effects, you could then click on the EXS to access the dry piano library and load a different piano while retaining your effects on that channel strip.