Midi Learn not work in 64 bit Logic?

JT3_Jon

Hello,

I'm trying to quickly assign a midi learn an effect insert parameter, and in the past In 32-bit mode I've simply followed the instructions on this page and everything worked great: http://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=432

However, I'm trying to midi learn the mix parameter on a softube insert plugin and its not working! Whenever I click the "midi learn" button it will quickly flash to what looks like the parameters for the softube plugin, but it doesn't stay to let me assign anything!

Anyone know whats going on, or better yet how to fix it?

Just looked at that environment. Man, what a mess that is in Logic 9!

I'm working on something for you. Won't be done until tomorrow, but basically it'll let you take any controller on your, er, controller and convert it either to any other CC or a Fader Event.

L8R!

I don't use the learn function because in the past I've found it to be too flaky, so I can't shed any light on how well it works.

One thing you can try in the meantime is to quit Logic and trash your control surface preferences:

~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.logic.pro.cs

Then re-launch Logic and try the Learn function again.

Yeah, that worked. Weird that preferences get corrupted like that. Makes me very weary of relying on them for serious work, so this idea of a possible environment that allows for the same functionality would be very helpful if you're willing to update that old environment. As you said, it doesn't seem to translate well to Logic 9.

In the mean time I'm going to look more into midi learn, as it does seem to be a very cool function! I really like how they seem to be controller specific, rather than just midi CC specific. They also seem to be plugin specific as well, and are a global rather than song specific, which can have some advantages, in particular setting up controllers for my favorite parameters and knowing they will never change song to song....at least until the plugins get corrupt again! Maybe I can work out some sort of backup system for the preferences incase the get corrupt again...