Lion 10.7.2 and Logic Pro 9.1.5

Hello does anyone had time to test apple new os update with the latest version of Logic ?

Any comments ?

Thanks in advance.

working great here matter of fact it doesn't seem to crash on this big session as much.. kinda interesting..

Logic 9.1.5 ok

Superior Drummer 2.0 ok

Kontack 7 ok

waves plugs ok

motu 828 mk iii drivers ok

reaper 4 never did work well..

digital performer 7 ok

yeah word yo its all working OK

Midi Device error. I have no midi connected MIDI devices hooked up.. Just an Apogee Duet 2 with the latest update...it doesn't have MIDI

Also got a 'WARNING..MAC OSX MIDI Services not available" error message.

Here's a list of the stuff in the Midi Drivers Folder. What's weird..I have no Digi FW hardware, no MOTU, certainly no eMagic USB hardware. I do use Wave Rider..And Kore 2 hardware from the to time (hence the NI USB Driver...

94262526_ScreenShot2011-10-14at1_07_28AM.jpg.c28ef711d5492c4a8b87ee35fc17f45c.jpg

918194026_ScreenShot2011-10-14at1_21_18AM.jpg.c173096f3dfcc74bc2bfa103563c4186.jpg

I think it's safe to move the unused MIDI drivers to the desktop. And if things run OK without them, trash 'em.

Also, in my experience that error doesn't always actually reflect a situation where MIDI drivers need to be updated.

Finally, as usual, I'll offer my unsolicited advice that if anyone's running a serious music production system that they shouldn't update their OS unless there's a damn good reason to do so*. (Oh, and just because there's a new OS available isn't a valid reason unless your name is dkgross :lol: )

* ...and that's because updating can sometimes break things.

in my case..not on the main machine... Laptop. Updated so I can use the new iPhone features/iCloud, blah blah blah...

New Duet 2 software for Lion Compatibility.. ProTools 9.0.5 for Lion as well. Not really sure where to start backtracking..but, ProTools crashes in the same 'loading Midi drivers' place.

hhhmmm...time to sleep on it. Just seems like there's a basic OS Midi Driver missing..I'm open to suggestions :)

driving me nuts.

After Installing the latest Lion OS, both Logic 9.1.5, and ProTools 9.0.5 are getting hung up and crashing when they try to Load Midi Drivers.

(and no..I'm not doing this on my main production machine...just my backup latptop...a Quad i7 MBP with 8g ram). The only interface i'm using is a Duet 2.. Just got the latest updates for it as well.

Looking in my Library/Audio/Midi Drivers folder..I do see some odd legacy stuff. I don't know what (if any) of it I need or don't....other than WaveRider. I assume the NI driver is from my older Kore 2 box that I plug in from time to time, and the Digi stuff is left over from an mBox2Pro that I no longer use. Only keyboard I plug in there would be a 61 key Axiom Pro or a Korg SV-1..So I assume the Korg driver should stay. Don't have any MOTU gear.

Is there somewhere else I should look to try and troubleshoot? Any .plist files i should get rid of? I'm convinced it's an OS issue since the same thing happens both with Logic and ProTools.

thanks for any troubleshooting detective work!

On a brand new iMac with Lion 10.7.2 and Logic 9.1.5 installed and NI's Kontakt 5.0.1 (Nothing else as yet.....)

The only Midi driver is the EmagicUSBMIDIDriver.plugin one.... dated June 4th 2009

Wanted to check on a clean'ish system for you so I haven't installed my Motu yet and so.... that's all there is...

HTH,,,,

Cheers..

Yes. This issue seems to be the Firebox ands the fact it is now considered to be a 'Legacy' product by Presonus. I have read many people having this issue and not all are Logic or Lion users for that matter... Some people have reported this 'crackling audio' issue with SL... I have not found any definitive explanation or constant between people who has reported this issue.

I had a similar issue with a Alesis Fireware interface. It worked fine for a while but when I upgraded Leopard to SL.. it all went to 'hell in a hand basket...' with dropouts, crackling audio and all kinds of other issues.. I switched to a Motu and never had a problem since (Touch wood!)

I've had the same issue when using the build-in output tho I can't remember if I had the firebox connected or not.

Well, if that is the case, this is sounding more and more like a hardware issue and maybe you should get it over to your nearest service center and demonstrate the issue to them...

First though, I would check it out thoroughly without the Firebox attached to confirm you still get the issue and if you do, work out if possible how to make it a repeatable 'act' so you can demo it to the techs...

I had to do the same when I had this weird graphic glitch that for a while I thought was related to the Elgato DVR I had just started using but then I noticed I got the same, random glitch without it plugged in. Took a while but eventually i learned how to demo this glitch upon demand, showed it to a tech and he realized I had a tiny issue with my Logic board (and a recent firmware update I frankly didn't recall doing) which after replacing, cured the graphics glitch completely. Apparently the DVR just amplified this issue which allowed me to notice it...

Anyhow.. fingers crossed you find the solution and get it fixed..

driving me nuts.

After Installing the latest Lion OS, both Logic 9.1.5, and ProTools 9.0.5 are getting hung up and crashing when they try to Load Midi Drivers.

(and no..I'm not doing this on my main production machine...just my backup latptop...a Quad i7 MBP with 8g ram). The only interface i'm using is a Duet 2.. Just got the latest updates for it as well.

Looking in my Library/Audio/Midi Drivers folder..I do see some odd legacy stuff. I don't know what (if any) of it I need or don't....other than WaveRider. I assume the NI driver is from my older Kore 2 box that I plug in from time to time, and the Digi stuff is left over from an mBox2Pro that I no longer use. Only keyboard I plug in there would be a 61 key Axiom Pro or a Korg SV-1..So I assume the Korg driver should stay. Don't have any MOTU gear.

Is there somewhere else I should look to try and troubleshoot? Any .plist files i should get rid of? I'm convinced it's an OS issue since the same thing happens both with Logic and ProTools.

thanks for any troubleshooting detective work!

Check the MIDI drivers in the System Extensions folder:

Macintosh HD > System > Library > Extensions

In the search box at the top of the Extensions folder window, type "MIDI" then click on Search "Extensions" on the next line - this will list only the extensions with "MIDI" in the file name.

Remove any MIDI extensions that do NOT start with "Apple".

Restart after removing any extensions.

Sad to say..still no luck.. Did everything you all kindly suggested. Even the Audio Midi setup just freezes when i try and load up the MIDI Studio window.. What the hell is missing in AMS that it can't find? Maybe someone can email me their Config file or something that I can put in?