Logic crashes whenever I try to record

diskoTC

Ello.

Whenever I try to record through logic it will crash. I can record MIDI fine, but when I try to create an audio track and click record enable it will crash. If I hit the big record button it will also crash.

Has anybody had this before?

Thankyou for taking the time to read my post.

Tom

Thanks for your speedy replies.

I'm on a macbook pro, 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. Mac OS X version 10.6.8 . I'm using Logic version 9.1.5 and I'm attempting to record to an internal hard drive.

As a side note I just tried to save a blank project and logic crashed before I could pick a destination in the same way it does when I try to record.

Thanks again,

Tom

----------------

Logic pro version 9.1.5

Macbook Pro

Mac OS X version 10.6.8

I did have some extra synths ages ago but nothing that ever effected performance. I'm not using any plug ins anymore though.

I do have an external hard drive! How do I run logic so it uses that instead of my macbooks hard drive? Sorry, bit of a noob with this stuff..

Thanks again

Tom

I do have an external hard drive! How do I run logic so it uses that instead of my macbooks hard drive? Sorry, bit of a noob with this stuff..

Open your project in Logic, and choose File > Save As. Choose a location on the external hard drive, make sure "Include Assets" and "Copy Audio Files...." are selected and save the project on your external. Open the Bin (Window > Bin) and check the location of all your audio files, they should now be on the external drive.

This procedure leaves the original project intact on the drive it was originally saved to, giving you a copy of the entire project folder on the new drive.

You have to delete the original ProKit as described in the link.. otherwise you will get the "Already installed" message... The Original ProKit is the same version but for some people they got a corrupted one hence the need to delete and then replace.

Update: Make sure you delete it from the System Library and not the User's Library...