Komplete 8 and mainstage

liveintokyo

I have just sold my old Yamaha Motif ES 7 and have some money to invest in digital products. I am thinking of getting Komplete 8. Just a couple of questions

- how compatible is it with mainstage?

- basically I want soundbanks - is there any point is paying twice as much for ultimate over the regular?

- is there a better product on the market for my needs.

Thanks in advance.

I'm currently using Mainstage with Komplete 7, with no issues at all. It's a killer combination.

Not sure what types of projects you're doing exactly, so it's hard to answer about K8 vs K8u. Maybe if you provided more info.

Seems to me like K8 Ultimate has more advantages in a studio situation, as opposed to live use in Mainstage, where Komplete 8 might be more than enough.

I use it and it works great. K8 is a little cpu hungry though. Use several plugins, not all K8 and you will be fine. Organs for example you can use EVB3 (which has the sustain issue though) or VB3 from GSi. Piano I use K8. Pads it depends...

You will do fine with K8 I don't think I am missing out by not having Ultimate in a live setting.

Thanks for the input. I do use logic and I do use the sounds in the studio, but usually I need the sounds for live performance. I do mainly function work - lots of cover bands - Pop,Funk,Jazz, Blues etc. I like the sounds in mainstage, but I usually have to tweak them a bit to get a better sound.

I am contemplating getting Komplete 8 as I have heard the sounds are much better. Bit worried about the possible CPU drain however.