Unable to route aux signal to bus successfully [SOLVED]

JCJ

Hi,

I'm working on an EastWest orchestral template. I am setting up an instance of the East West plugin, assigning instruments to midi channels and linking the different stereo outputs from the Virtual Instrument to Aux's. The aux's are reading the signal from the virtual instrument fine. An example of an aux would be Play 3-4 / Stereo Out.

My issue is that I want to introduce reverb and I can't seem to get the routing right. If I select B 1-2 on a send in an Aux channel it creates a stereo aux labelled Bus 1-2 with stereo out. If I place a reverb on that channel it appears to double the volume. The more Aux's I send to that reverb, the louder it gets.

The same thing applies if I send the aux straight to the reverb instead of the stereo outs.

If you have some advice/ideas about how to route aux to aux/bus for the purposes of reverb or other effects I'd be really grateful.

I'm using a Mac Quad 2 X 2.66 dual with 9GB RAM. Logic 9 and OSX 10.6.8

Many thanks in advance

Jake

Thanks for getting back to me and apologies for delay in reply.

The Pan law is -3db compensated and the Apply pan law box is not checked.

I had stopped using universal track mode as the stereo didn't feel as true as if I used non universal with tracks panned hard left and right. I sense that you may ba about to solve that issue for me.

Thanks again and I hope to hear back.

Jake

Actually, just to clarify. What did you mean when you said as long as Pan Law is identical?

Lets assume i set up a project using the universal track setting. I totally understand that the pan is a balance adjuster in that scenario. What should the project setting be for Pan Law?

Thanks again,

J

That's up to you, but I like the default -3 dB compensated setting in Logic.

The important thing to understand is, that there's no difference in the sound itself. It's a workflow issue that relates to whether you want to re-adjust your levels or not while panning.

Switching off Universal Track Mode doesn't make much sense to me unless you're using Logic as a front for Pro Tools HD hardware.

So enable UTM and choose the pan law that suits your preference, which -3 dB compensated apparently doesn't.