Audio files not always playing correctly

jp2020

Hi

I bounced a bunch of tracks from a song (in Logic) to use in a remix of the song (also in Logic). All bounces taken from exactly same start and end point.

When i load the bounced audio files into the new project a weird thing happens. If i play the tracks from the beginning, they stay in time with the click (i set project tempo to match).

However, if i move to the middle of the song and press play there, the files are out of whack.

I can play the whole song through and it stays perfectly in time if i start from the beginning. Only get weirdness when i press play from somewhere in the body of the track. Even weirder - if i "look" at the wave file in the region, its stops matching what i hear. So when i look at the file and expect to hear the sound, it starts later.

Have tried turning off and on logic. No change.

Have tried setting up a new project and reloading files. No change.

Have tried setting up a new project and loading in different files. This worked, but they were done the same - just bounced audio files from a different song.

A problem with the source project?

Thanks!

jp

Hi

I think the offness is consistent.

The offness is there at Bar 3 (assuming that's where i press play...) just as it is at Bar 53 (if i press play there)

I have five stems in there (my audio files from the parent project) and one drum sample. The stems are all out (but perfectly 'out' together) but the drum sample is fine. That is, if i press play with the drum sample and click muted, the song sounds fine - the vocal, guitar and keys sample all play together , but when the click is on it' obvious they're not playing on the beat....

weird.

btw - am running Logic Pro 9.0.2 on a 2.66GHz Macbook Pro (10.5.8). and never had any problems running massive projects (70+ tracks) or any project really!

Thanks!!

jp