Inconsistent GUI behavior on Mac pro..What can it be?

claesbjo

Hi.

I have a GUI problem thats boggling my mind a little, When moving regions, some times it gets really slow and glitchy for a while, it sort of hickups, and then moves, sometimes it doesnt move at all, instead the region stays where it is and goes blank, like the the ghost image of the region that appears while you are dragging a region.

Then sometimes there is no problem, and it is not dependent on how many regions there is in the arrangement, it is like this even with one single region in the arrangement.

I dont have this problem with my old macbook pro(2008), that funnily enough now have better GUI performance than my monster 6 core MAC PRO(2010)

Have reinstalled OS, Logic, everything..problem still there. Makes me wonder if my MAc Pro is broken or something, but other Daws work just fine..

Any ideas?

Cheers

I'm on an OCZ SSD Harddrive 240gb

40% free space.....

OFF TOPIC :

Also since i'm using SSD drive i've got some weird Disk overload while i'm working on a project stored on it....This behavior happens less if i'm working on separate hard drive...But..WTF i thought SSD will reduce this kind of problems..

I'm on an OCZ SSD Harddrive 240gb

40% free space.....

OFF TOPIC :

Also since i'm using SSD drive i've got some weird Disk overload while i'm working on a project stored on it....This behavior happens less if i'm working on separate hard drive...But..WTF i thought SSD will reduce this kind of problems..

Hey, thats what I have as well! But I put it in today on my new clean install, it was the same on my WD caviar black, thats why I changed drive, didn´t help really.

BUT.. Today I noticed something: It gets worse with docked windows open.

If it gets glitchy I close the browser dock and mixer dock, THEN press B twice for opening and closing the browser dock without moving anything else, and then the glitch it goes away! (for a while)...weird but it seems to work for me anyway.

I reminds me of the Playback Pause hickup bug for newer macs that they solved eventually..

OT:

There is room for improvement in the GUI Efficiency Department, gee I tried the Studio One v2 yesterday..not for me really but amazingly quick GUI! Logic feels like wading in syrup when editing in comparison.

cheers