Getting arpeggiation MIDI notes

alexfsu

OK so I've just learned how to do arp in Logic with the whole creating an environment and connecting the arp node to the synth and then changing from click and hold to arp in arrangement (what a process, how bout a plug-in Apple??). When I hit "play" and play my notes everything sounds cool, but for instance when I play a triad, I only see the triad as three long notes instead of the chopped up MIDI I hear as an output. Any way to map out the MIDI that's coming out, so I can see the 1/16th notes that I'm hearing?

if you want to have the midi on the inst channel you need to make sure you record through the arp and into the track, that way all the arpeggiations will show up on the channel....

it can be a bit of a long process... it helps to set up the arp's and whatnot in your template for future projects.

can you save a click and port setting to bring up in the future (aside from just having within a specific template)?

You can import environment layers from a template into any song's environment (from the environment local menus).

thanks Master D! couple more Q's:

1). Can you automate the Arp's parameters (i.e. resolution, length)?

2). Having trouble being able to control the arp's parameter's in realtime because every time I switch to a synth to play live, I lose the side menu of the Arp channel w/ its parameters. I'll attach my screenshot to clarify and make sure I'm doing everything right.

Screen shot 2011-10-26 at 5.55.28 PM (2).zip

if you want to have the midi on the inst channel you need to make sure you record through the arp and into the track, that way all the arpeggiations will show up on the channel....

it can be a bit of a long process... it helps to set up the arp's and whatnot in your template for future projects.

how do I record the arp into an inst channel? All I get is a white MIDI box with one note when I record arm the Arp only