USB Audio Kontrol Interface hot-swap problem

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with my problem...basically I've just upgraded my computer from iMac 20" CoreDuo early '06 to a MacBook C2D '09. I used migration assistant to port all of my stuff across which worked pretty well system-wide but with Logic meant that I had to input all of my purchase codes and plugin codes etc. All works great now though.

However....on my old iMac I could hot-swap the sound card (currently an NI Audio Kontrol) with no issues, but on my new MacBook it just produces choppy sound until I reboot. I've tried resetting CoreAudio (using this in the Terminal: "sudo kill -9 `ps ax|grep 'coreaudio[a-z]' |awk '{print $1}'`" ) but to no avail.

This is really inconvenient for me as if I am working on something, I wanted to put the MB to sleep and take it to my studio and just open up and carry on but I have to reboot every time which is just that bit annoying. Does anyone have a solution? I'd be so grateful if you do.

Thanks

Did you also install & update to the latest v2.4.21 driver for the AK1? There were several driver fixes by NI for Macs, sleep, Snow Leopard and AK1s... so going to the latest version should include all of those...

http://co.native-instruments.com/index.php?id=freeupdates#Audio_Kontrol_1

what he said, above. i also use the AK1.

worked for me (and latest drivers working fine, even disconnecting-reconnecting, in 10.7.2...)

Did you also install & update to the latest v2.4.21 driver for the AK1? There were several driver fixes by NI for Macs, sleep, Snow Leopard and AK1s... so going to the latest version should include all of those...

http://co.native-instruments.com/index.php?id=freeupdates#Audio_Kontrol_1

Ah yes, that works perfectly, thank you! Feel a bit silly I hadn't thought of the simple solution in the first place, I was writing automator scripts and all sorts.

Thanks again for your help