No video display in Logic 9.1.5 64bit

mattrixx

Hi folks,

Just wondering if anyone else cannot display video (just internally) with Logic 9.1.5 (64bit) OSX 10.6.8

really strange, as it was working fine before, but under the (project) video settings tab, it's greyed out on Firewire (which I've never used btw). When I boot the same project into 32bit mode, all is well and I can toggle between internal and my Blackmagic Intesity Pro (for external).

I'm stumped, as I've tried rejigging prefs and the like, but nothing resolves it.

This is one of those little projects that's going to bite me in 32bit and I'd like to be able to see the vision (obviously) at least internally.

Dooo do do do...

Regards,

Matt

Hi David,

Yep, aware of that. Hence my use of 'expected'.

I am not able to display video within a Logic session at all in 64bit (as per my original posting). The only place it shows up is in the frame strip under global tracks.

Just wondering if it is working for everyone else, or is there an inherent issue beyond the 64 bit limitations?

Regards,

Matt

Yep, aware of that.

Oops sorry. But that wasn't really clear in your original post:

really strange, as it was working fine before, but under the (project) video settings tab, it's greyed out on Firewire (which I've never used btw). When I boot the same project into 32bit mode, all is well and I can toggle between internal and my Blackmagic Intesity Pro (for external).

I'm stumped, as I've tried rejigging prefs and the like, but nothing resolves it.

So I guess there really isn't anything really strange about that any longer, at least?

Yeah, just read it back again.. I see what you mean.

What I was getting at, was that I couldn't even display the vision on the mac monitor.

Going to try it on my other system now to see if it has the same issue. It's got me stumped and I am sure it was working before, but I have to admit, I don't generally work in 64bit with vision based projects. However, the current one just can't be done in 32bit mode.

So, my convoluted workaround may have to suffice for the time being.

Edit: I can now confirm that it is working fine on my MacbookPro 64bit Logic.. Mmmm, WTF?

I've always run Video internally in Logic using DV codec - uncompressed. Never had an issue, even with lots of VI's in 64bit. I'm abnormal in that I don't run it externally, but then I've never had a problem running internally.

So I can't confirm the external 64bit, but I can confirm internal 64bit works fine.

Yeah, thanks for that.. Now that I've run it up successfully on my MacbookPro, I'm going to have to delve deeper into the MacPro and sort it out.

As I mentioned, I think it might even have something to do with the Blackmagic Intensity drivers. I hope not, as I use it all the time. (not when in Logic 64bit of course).