Removing Hyper Events From Imported MIDI Files?

SleepMaps

when i import an old garageband file or a midi file not composed in logic, i see what appear to be hyper events over the midi events in the arrange window. they sound mostly like volume changes. when i open the hyper editor there are no matching events that i can find. that is to say, no bars that seem to follow the changes i see in the arrange window. I've tried selecting and clearing all events in the hyper editor window for each track but the bars remain and the changes are still happening. is there a way to get rid of all hyper editing across an entire project or am i confused about what I'm seeing the arrange window?

is there a way to get rid of all hyper editing across an entire project

The hyper edit is not the best editor for doing that cause there are a few event definitions lanes set to a given CC# or what else by default. In other words many events which are not included in that hyper set will be hidden for you.

To do that globally in one step for all arrange selected regions you need to use Transform Window. I show an example with Program change delation in the link below. If you want to delete Control Change events then set the Condition "Status" to "Control". Pay an attention about 1. Destructive delation in my post there! If want to delete a set of custom number CC events, let me know which so I will do my best to assign. Note: Here is a list of the Logic "harmful" CC events which affect the Channel Strip - CC3, CC7, CC9, CC10, CC28-35. Some other CC# may affect a given Software instrument too - keep in mind!

Midi events Batch Delation

Regards,

Audiogrocery

when i import an old garageband file or a midi file not composed in logic, i see what appear to be hyper events over the midi events in the arrange window. they sound mostly like volume changes.

Select the region(s), open the Event List, select Notes at the top of the Event List to filter out the notes, look for Volume Controller Data 7 events (and any other Controller data you wish to delete). Select and delete them.

Select the region(s), open the Event List, select Notes at the top of the Event List to filter out the notes, look for Volume Controller Data 7 events (and any other Controller data you wish to delete). Select and delete them.

this worked great except for some reason i had to go track by track deleting events. selecting all the regions across multiple tracks didn't work but i got the result i was looking for just the same! thanks!

this worked great except for some reason i had to go track by track deleting events.

Yeah. Actually it is Region by Region but if you filter the notes out and use Command+A to select all of the Controller events then the process still goes pretty fast. Especially if you do it as you add the MIDI regions to your arrangement.

thanks!

You're welcome!