Long time gone... Dub Step question

Hi Guys. Long time.

Life has swallowed me whole and I'm starting to claw my way out. But on to the question...

Can anyone point me to any tutorials, tips and tricks, or anything generally useful in making Dub Step? I was recently exposed to Dub Step and it has infected me like a plague. I'd prefer to find out how to use stock Logic synths and effects, but will take all suggestions.

Ultimately, I think a nice Dub/Polka hybrid is on the horizon.

No, not really.

Thanks in advance.

G

hey man don't want to be THAT guy, but like 8 months ago when i started doing dubstep i used ES2, and i wasn't happy with a single track. after i purchased MASSIVE by native instruments though i felt confident in my tracks and i wish i purchased it right from the get-go. that being said, you can get amazing sound from ES2 for dubstep, just not really a nice bass. in my opinion of course. i highly recommend using massive though, its a heavy 200 bucks though. DO NOT torrent it, not only is the torrent version extremely buggy, but then you won't focus on learning the synth and every aspect of it because you got it for free.

this is just my 2 cents though, many people like the ES2 basses.

here is a track i did though

http://www.mediafire.com/?0fzrd93d8xks9jr

almost all of these instruments are made in logic, except for the bass drop. logic is fully capable of dubstep. i also highly recommend making your own ultrabeat kit from the drag-and-drop sample kit.

apologies for my terrible mixing skills :(

@xs4is.... Here's a tutorial at SOS mag.

Another recent thread came up with a couple of syths that look pretty good for this kind of thing, Sonivox Wobble and NI's Razor which I think can run in Reaktor Free.

@cusp.... nicely done! And I think you should get some kind of award for most words crammed into a single phrase.

haha not sure if your referring to the song, or to my terrible run-on sentence paragraph. but i did rap in that song! thanks though if you did actually like it.