Symphonic Orchestral plugins, which is the best?

EW is a memory hog. It's also a CPU hog.

In general, the people who work in apple stores are clueless about the requirements for real music systems, much less Logic and 3rd party plugins.

EW sells a version that contains 16-bit versions of (some? all?) sounds for people who need either quicker loading times or don't have a lot of RAM.

BTW, when I can I'm going to up my system to 32 Gigs. Right now, 20 is good, but 32 would be better for the kind of work I do.

EW is a memory hog. It's also a CPU hog.

In general, the people who work in apple stores are clueless about the requirements for real music systems, much less Logic and 3rd party plugins.

EW sells a version that contains 16-bit versions of (some? all?) sounds for people who need either quicker loading times or don't have a lot of RAM.

BTW, when I can I'm going to up my system to 32 Gigs. Right now, 20 is good, but 32 would be better for the kind of work I do.

Well, after a little research, I realized the best place to buy my RAM was from Crucial.com. It's neat how they provided a scanner and told me exactly what I needed.:) I bought only 2 4GB sticks and will bring up my RAM to a total of 12GB RAM. Unlike you, I'm just a hobbyist, so I think 12GB will be fine for me. If I need more, easy enough to buy some more. Total cost me $50 flat, not bad. :)

I also learned there's some memory leak going on with Apple Logic Express, that's why I almost ran out of memory. With my Windows PCs, I always put them to Sleep, never really had to reboot, sometimes for as long as a month. I guess I have to reboot more often with Apple iMac. Before I shut down my computer, with only Activity Monitor running, it said I was using up 2.7GB. After the reboot, Activity Monitor says I was using only 1.06GB. If you just run and exit a few times from Apple Logic, you will notice your Memory Used in Activity Monitor will keep going up in small increments. And who knows if Safari and iTunes are doing the same thing, but I didn't bother to test them.