Changing velocity on midi notes [SOLVED]

JCcares

You're welcome.

Cant fig out how to delete the question.

NEVER delete your own question! Instead, if you've found your own answer (it seems we both answered your question at the same time), add it to your thread and mark your thread [sOLVED] - that's a much better way to help the community.

Glad to hear you figured it out. Happy velocity changing! :D

I need to 'unsolve' this question now! Well I am able to change the velocity of 1 note using this method,but please tell me how to change the velocity of many notes that are selected.I select a bunch of notes but then when I use the velocity tool they all get unselected.Using Shift key doesn't help.

If you want to select multiple notes with varying velocities and then adjust the overall velocity of these, try:

Within piano roll editor. Click the Hyper Draw icon in bottom left. Select note velocity from the drop down list.

Select your notes in the piano roll grid - you will then see the corresponding velocity tags in the Hyper Draw display turn white. Grab one of these and you should be able to pull the velocities of all up or down.

Or select the notes in the grid and work in the Event "List"(top right main screen)

- with your notes selected you should be able to pull the Vs up and down. In the event list look in the value (Val) column for the velocity.

J

I need to 'unsolve' this question now! Well I am able to change the velocity of 1 note using this method,but please tell me how to change the velocity of many notes that are selected.

I did, in my first answer to this thread.

I select a bunch of notes but then when I use the velocity tool they all get unselected.Using Shift key doesn't help.

Using Shift is not supposed to help. You change the velocity of multiple selected notes the same way you change the velocity of a single note: select all the desired notes, click-hold one of them with your velocity tool, and drag up/down.