retro active Tempo/Beat mapping with 9

salaam13

'ello all ...

after extensive research I've concluded this solution to my challenge. Wondering if a kind soul wouldn't mind checking my math on this one ?

challenge: an older completed project in Logic 6 ... recorded to a static tempo; a constant 92.1bpm. Midi basic tracks that were then played to with live instruments.

so ... a midi generated rythmn section that was fattened up with a live trap set, bass, etc.

The completed "master" project contains both midi generated sources as well as audio regions. A great groove, song, etc. BUT ! It lays flat with a static tempo.

With hindsight and more experience (and a 'smarter' version of Logic) I've decide to try and apply tempo variances to bring the track more life.

here is where I'd like a few opinions. Working in L9, my theory is to mute all audio regions and create a tempo map manually .. nothing crazy, say a sum variance of 10bpm's ..

then flex the audio regions. They should follow the global tempo map right ?

any holes in the logic ? Or steps I've missed ?

*EDIT - is it wise or crucial that I lock my regions to SMPTE ?

been using Emagic Logic since 3.7 so I am not new to Logic but only as of late have been able to afford a sytem wide upgrade so I am still acclimating to 9. Not to mention I usually wait a few versions before upgrading.

any help, tips or wot nots would be greatly appreciated.

peace to all

salaam

Edited by salaam13

cct ...

good lookin out, thanx ! I am about 20 bars into it already. Imagine I can open another copy of the original "master" (I have a safety, un-altered) ... enable flex then copy/ paste the work I've done so far and then continue on ?

that little bit saved me a huge future headache.

Thank you very much for taking the time.

best to ya'

.o_0.