bizarre -6db issue on my tracks

djbabyboi

hello all,

for the past few days i have been experiencing a bizarre incident. i'm not what tracks it affects, but sometimes the tracks will randomly change to -6db without notice even when it was set to a different value. i'm trying to think why that is....

i got a new midi controller, a keystation 88, but i'm sure that had nothing to do with it, so i also did a reset just to troubleshoot. i've done that but nothing else i can think of. has anyone else experienced this bizarre behavior? if it keeps doing this i don't know if i can actually make a mix. this happened to one specific project file, and i haven't really tested other sessions i have. i'm on 10.6.8 & logic 9.1.3

creationcollection, i have made sure the automation was cleared, also set it to a direct 0, and i think thats the only way it will stick. i'll look into the inadvertent node.

mpmusicny, can do you have a link or can u describe the pan law setting?

i appreciate your responses

sometimes the tracks will randomly change to -6db without notice even when it was set to a different value. i'm trying to think why that is....

i got a new midi controller, a keystation 88, but i'm sure that had nothing to do with it

It may very well be your new controller sending rogue MIDI messages (in this case Volume Data Controller 7). After recording, click on one of the MIDI regions on a track where the volume unexpectedly changes, open the Event List (press E), filter out the notes and look for Volume Data Controller 7 events. Select them and press Delete.

If your keyboard is the culprit you'll have to try to find the reason why it is sending the data and fix it. A quick fix is to filter the controller messages in Settings.

• 3 months later...