Exported Software Instrument peaking [SOLVED]

mumkai

hello yall...

have a issue that i cant seem to fix and im pretty sure its right in front of me. im exporting (file>export>track as audio file) my software instruments to audio files to save on CPU. however the audio file that i get is incredibly loud to the point where its crackling at its peak points. turning down the track doesnt help since its the actual audio file. i exported again with the channel volume quite low (-18db to -22db) and lowered the individual notes in piano roll with still no results. should i export the REGION as an audio file instead of the track? doing this on Logic 8, with a PowerBook G4 mac OS X 10.5.8

any help is greatly appreciated!

Any processing plug-ins on the channel strip? What are your export settings?

yes im using a good amount of plug-ins, processing and third party.

one channel strip has: Chan EQ, Compressor, EnVerb, Space Design, Spread and a Skidder AU

im over compressing this voice somewhat, which is the sound im going for and it sounds great when through software istrument. are my order of inserts incorrect?

im exporting them to 24 bit .WAV files.

im over compressing this voice somewhat, which is the sound im going for and it sounds great when through software istrument

Hold on a second - what software instrument? Are you routing audio to the sidechain input of the instrument? Or are you using samples in a software sampler?

sorry should have said that. im not side chaining at all. im using the EXS24 soft sampler

OK try to insert a gain plug-in as the last insert on the channel strip you're exporting, and turn down the gain there. Let us know how that works for you?

that totally fixed it. thanks david! didnt know the gain utility is so sensitive my exported result came out quite low, but still its clean audio track, no distortion or crackling. this was definitely what i was looking for! thanks again!