tremolo timing issue

Agonist

am i missing something? can't you just choose a setting (i.e. 1/4, 1/8) etc in the tremolo effect, so it's synced to your tempo?

well yeh, you would think so...but it doesn't stay in time...it seem's to have a different offset each time...try it on a loop on a setting of 1/8...or even 1/8d (with an off set of 0) using this on a loop you would expect the tremolo to sound the same on each cycle, but it shifts.

using it on a software instrument channel.

Great. Which software instrument?

hmmm...

Reaktor 5 (Synthesizer = photone - from the electronic instruments xt2 edition). no LFO's being used and all wavetable samples are synchronised (gate). ok ;-)

but the issue applies to regular logic synths too.

Reaktor 5 (Synthesizer = photone - from the electronic instruments xt2 edition). no LFO's being used and all wavetable samples are synchronised (gate). ok ;-)

but the issue applies to regular logic synths too.

I can't get the trem plug to go out of sync, but as a general rule it's not great for melodic synth work since it doesn't restart the waveform at the start of each note.

I'm not familiar with that reaktor ensemble, but if you've got LFO's to spare then just use those instead. If they're not poly LFO's then I'd suggest modifying the ensemble to include them.

As for Logic's instruments, several contain poly LFO's, ...ES2, Sculpture...