Live recording

pinout

Hi!

I wan't to record my friend playing the guitars and singing at the same time but I don't know how to have more that one mike recording at the same time on different track.

I use a UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid. I want to use 3 mike: One for the voice, and two for the guitar. I have a Shure KSM44 for the voice and two Shure SM57 for the guit.

Look like, on your interface, you would use mic1 (xlr), mic2 (xlr), & line3 inputs for the 3 microphones.

Then create three Audio Tracks in LP, selecting Audio radial button, & setting the Input: to Input 1, and check Ascending...

http://documentation.apple.com/en/logicpro/usermanual/#chapter=9%26section=4%26hash=apple_ref:doc:uid:TempBookID-ReplacedWhenAssociatingWithMessierRevision-43984TRA_SC_1107-2051523

or for each track just set the input manually for 1,2, & 3, in the Mixer View I/O (if the Tracks are already created)...

http://documentation.apple.com/en/logicpro/usermanual/#chapter=27%26section=4

I think that would get you there.

Hi,

For each audio track, you need to select a different input in Logic. First, create 3 audio tracks. Then, in the inspector, under I/O, select input 1 for guitar mic 1, input 2 for guitar mic 2 and input 3 for vocals (or whatever inputs you have your mics plugged into your UltraLite). Then you will be able to record enable all 3 tracks at the same time.

My Input 3 work but it's very very very not loud and my Input 4 doesn't work at all... :?:

Input 3 not being loud is understandable... as only Mic/Instr In1 & 2 have pre-amps on your interface I believe... I'm not sure why Input 4 is not being recognized?

A better option, given the situation night be to try putting the Vox in Mic/Instr In1, and one of the SM57s in Mic/Instr In2, and the second SM57 in Input 3... this would give you at least one guitar mic with a stronger pre-amp signal; then use LP Mixer Fader to bring up the Input 3 channel while recording (hopefully the noise won't be bad).

I would point the Mic/Instr In2 Guitar mic at the 12th fret, and the Input 3 Guitar mic at a secondary point.

Edited by rone2him

Inputs 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 on the Ultralite are Line Inputs. No gain on those.

You cannot plug a mic into those.

For example you can get an affordable but good sounding mic pre like the ART Tube MP (cost 40 bucks) for your 3rd mic and then take the output of that into the Line in 3 of your Ultralite.

I have the same interface and use different mic pres with all those extra inputs. Very convenient instead of unplugging every time I need to change something.

you can get an affordable but good sounding mic pre like the ART Tube MP (cost 40 bucks) for your 3rd mic and then take the output of that into the Line in 3 of your Ultralite.

+1

Another alternative might be to use the Line 3 as an input for any Line out you might have coming out of the Guitar (if available). You would then have a Vox, Mic'ed Guitar, & Line Guitar track to use in the mix :wink:

Edited by rone2him