Bouncing

alexfsu

1. What's the difference between bouncing in place, and clicking on the bounce button while leaving all the variables constant?

2. Is it better to bounce as an mp3 or another format? Why can't I change the bit rate, resolution, etc. when mp3 is selected when clicking Bounce?

3. If I select another format (e.g. PCM), then I can change said variables. Will bouncing a sample to either 16bit/44.1kHz or 24bit/96kHz make a difference? From what I've heard, the mix is only as strong as its weakest link, i.e. you're only as good as the lowest bit depth/sample rate file in your project. I have Apogee Duet 2 as my soundcard by the way.

MANY THANKS TO WHOMEVER CAN HELP ME :)

1. What's the difference between bouncing in place, and clicking on the bounce button while leaving all the variables constant?

2. Is it better to bounce as an mp3 or another format? Why can't I change the bit rate, resolution, etc. when mp3 is selected when clicking Bounce?

3. If I select another format (e.g. PCM), then I can change said variables. Will bouncing a sample to either 16bit/44.1kHz or 24bit/96kHz make a difference? From what I've heard, the mix is only as strong as its weakest link, i.e. you're only as good as the lowest bit depth/sample rate file in your project. I have Apogee Duet 2 as my soundcard by the way.

Seriously! You need to do your own research for these answers.

Start here:

http://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?p=293119#293119

Seriously! You need to do your own research for these answers.

Start here:

http://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?p=293119#293119

I shall give it a read, thanks!

Archived