Practice your mixing

FYI Mike Senior, author of 'Mixing Secrets for the small studio' and Sound-On-Sound contributor, has made available 85 sets of multitrack audio files in a range of styles. They are downloadable as zip files containing 24-bit/44.1kHz WAV files for you to mix. I haven't tried them out yet as I've only just discovered this site. Enjoy.

Alan.

:lol: I might have to find time to do that...

It's quite good fun, I've just had Freddie belting the song out to just a lone piano track quietly playing away in the background. His voice is so powerful they could have just stopped right there without any of the other instruments needing to play.

The details of the Queen remix competition are a bit vague, can you do whatever you want with the track, as long as you use the stems?

That's the way I'm reading into it, the stems are only about 3 & 1/2 minutes but the song you submit has to be less than 6 minutes so I think that's leaving the door open for some creativity.

Guidelines

Participants must download the provided stems to create their song

Music submitted must be no longer than 6 minutes

Music must be submitted in mp3 format (up to 10MB)

Participants should retain the higher quality version of their song which will need to be sent to Queen should the participant be chosen as the winner

I posted it in this thread to add to the stems that Alan told us about, if you didn't want to take part in the competition then you could use these for practice as well.

It's not every day you stumble across stems for classic tracks like this.

That's the way I'm reading into it, the stems are only about 3 & 1/2 minutes but the song you submit has to be less than 6 minutes so I think that's leaving the door open for some creativity.

Cool, that's what I presumed from the guidelines too.

I posted it in this thread to add to the stems that Alan told us about, if you didn't want to take part in the competition then you could use these for practice as well.

i could really use $1000, so I've got nothing to lose by submitting my remix.

It's not every day you stumble across stems for classic tracks like this.

Really! It's a great opportunity.

FYI Mike Senior, author of 'Mixing Secrets for the small studio' and Sound-On-Sound contributor, has made available 85 sets of multitrack audio files in a range of styles. They are downloadable as zip files containing 24-bit/44.1kHz WAV files for you to mix. I haven't tried them out yet as I've only just discovered this site. Enjoy.

Alan.

Hey Alan, thank you so much for posting this link, i love mixing (with Logic of course :wink: ) and this gives me enough food for practising, thank you Sir !