Logic 9 and Omnisphere - no sound

Ben Ged Low

I've seen this come up in this forum, but haven't been able to find a resolution.

I just upgraded to Logic 9 (from 8) and Snow Leopard. My Omnisphere is up to date (with all patches etc.) and was working just fine in Logic 8.

I'm working with a slightly older MacBook Pro ... 2.16 Intel Core Duo, but this has never been an issue with Logic 8 and Omnisphere.

Now when I Omnisphere it I can't get any sounds to work. I click through to the sounds, and choose one. I can see activity in the Omnisphere window (the track light brightens when I play that track). Logic is recording the midi notes. But Omnisphere is NOT playing any sound.

My RMX works just fine.

Has anyone come across a resolution to this issue?

All ears,

Ben

Hi

In Omnisphere, go to the Multi Page, Mixer Tab and check the Output assignments. They must be set to output A unless you are working with a Multi-Output instance (and you have made the appropriate Aux channels).

CCT

Hi Guys,

I bumped up the I/O buffer to 512. No difference. I'm using Omnisphere in multi-timbral mode, all outputs are set at A. I can SEE the midi signal hitting the track in Omnisphere ... the track number button flickers. The only thing that seems odd is that when the patch is loading the little blue indicator light isn't going smoothly left to right (as the patch loads). It's a darker blue line than normal, goes 2/3'ds of the way, freezes, and then I see the patch is supposedly loaded. But no sound. Does that help?

All my Logic library works fine. My RMX works fine.

Ben

I bumped up the I/O buffer to 512. No difference. I'm using Omnisphere in multi-timbral mode, all outputs are set at A. I can SEE the midi signal hitting the track in Omnisphere ... the track number button flickers. The only thing that seems odd is that when the patch is loading the little blue indicator light isn't going smoothly left to right (as the patch loads). It's a darker blue line than normal, goes 2/3'ds of the way, freezes, and then I see the patch is supposedly loaded. But no sound. Does that help?

Changing the buffer size is unlikely to help.

Sounds like Omni cannot find the necessary files/sample.

Try Omni in a new project (with different sounds loaded in your multi setup.

Alternatively, try loading different sounds into Omni in your current project.

CCT

That's what it feels like, Omni not able to find the files/sample. Yet I've changed nothing since it was working - other than doing the Spectrasonics updates.

I've tried Omni in a bunch of 'new' projects. No go. I've tried loading different sounds. No sounds play.

I wondering if there is somewhere I can go to see the proper folder hierarchy for Omni? Where ALL the patch folders are SUPPOSED to be on the drive? Then I could see if something might be out of place?

That blue 'loading indicator' line suggests Omni is not finding the file, or is unable to load it properly.

I've tried Omni in a bunch of 'new' projects. No go. I've tried loading different sounds. No sounds play.

I wondering if there is somewhere I can go to see the proper folder hierarchy for Omni? Where ALL the patch folders are SUPPOSED to be on the drive? Then I could see if something might be out of place?

That blue 'loading indicator' line suggests Omni is not finding the file, or is unable to load it properly.

Sounds like your STEAM Library (the Omni library) might be FUBAR'd.

Have a search for "STEAM" on your drives

CCT

I'm thinking I did. When I go to updates via Omni it says that everything is updated.

I notice I'm getting a few sounds in Stacked Mode ... but they are playing weirdly, erratically.

I've done a repair permissions four times ... I had done one just before loading in the new Omni updates I remember. And re-doing them I notice a LOT of repairing is required. And there has only been a week since I last did it. Interesting.

Can I re-update the STEAM updates without causing confusion to the already confused setup?

Or does it matter what order you do the updates, Patches, STEAM etc.? There was no note on this on the Spectrasonics website.

• 2 years later...