Bounce regions in Mono?? [SOLVED]

dicejar

I just gave this a go by loading up a midi loop and bouncing it. When the midi channel was stereo it created a stereo bounce. I then changed the midi channel to mono (changed the AU instrument to mono and all the plugins to mono versions instead of stereo) and it bounced down to mono.

Are your original source tracks mono or stereo?

Hmm.

All my sources were mono....

The main thing I'm using it for, is to tune a vocal part, with Waves Tune, then bounce that out to not have it continuously using the plugin. So it does seem to change it from mono to stereo.

I tried setting my main output to mono instead of stereo too, hoping that would do it. But still no joy!

Okay,

I just loaded up an audio loop ("Attention" spoken word from loop browser). The audio was mono, loaded up Waves Tune mono, changed some notes in pitch, right clicked on region, select bounce in place and the audio comes out......... mono

I'll have a look and see if there's anything in preferences that does it.

Are you sure that you definitely have the mono version of Waves Tune on the channel not the stereo version.

Sorry if i'm not much help at the mo

Jordito has it sorted.

Untick that box and a mono file will be created but leave the box ticked at creates a stereo file.

I don't usually have that box ticked by default myself as I prefer to have a centred image audio file that I can then pan so I can actually see the pan position in the mixer at a glance.

James