Lost Plugin for KitKore

JetLab

I don't see KitKore in the AU manager, though I did just go to 64 bit mode. Does that have something to do with it? Also, I no longer see my Waves plug-ins anywhere.

LOL, yea, you can't trust those darn drummers, but no there was no auto upgrade conducted. I think I have auto upgrades turned on if you are talking about my Apple preferences pane where I turn auto updates on.

What is re-hab?

KitKore is probably not a 64bit plugin.. so look, instead under the 32bit plugins menu when you go to the drop down menu for selecting a plugin, in Logic.

Waves are not 64bit either but again, you should see them under the 32bit plugin menu....

Failing this.. run Logic in 32bit mode to re-scan the 32bit plugins..(Right click on the Logic app in Applications and choose "Get Info" Check the 'run in 32bit mode' in the new window that opens..) Once that is done you should see them under the 32bit plugin menu in Logic 64 bit... To get back to Logic 64bit mode.. simply do the "get info' bit again and uncheck that box that you checked earlier..

+1 as "n6smith" suggested: "Failing this.. run Logic in 32bit mode to re-scan the 32bit plugins..(Right click on the Logic app in Applications and choose "Get Info" Check the 'run in 32bit mode' in the new window that opens..) Once that is done you should see them under the 32bit plugin menu in Logic 64 bit... To get back to Logic 64bit mode.. simply do the "get info' bit again and uncheck that box that you checked earlier."

TB

Good work guys, I entered 32 bit mode and rescanned and now all my plugs are showing again. Question now is why did I lose the plugs. After entering 64 bit mode for the first time a week ago I was still able to access all of my plugs. When I would drop down the plug menu it would clearly show those plugs that were 32 bit. Those plugs would just operate using the 32 bit mode bridge. During this particular problem I lost all of my 32 bit plugs after about 7-8 sessions of them working fine with the bridge. Anyone have an idea as to what caused this and how I might avoid it in the future. I would like to avoid having to enter 32 bit mode to rescan plugs all the time.

Thanks all, appreciate your input and help.

Did you update Logic recently? After an update it seems some people have to do the re-scan routine... though I must say I don't believe I had to when i updated to 9.1.5 but anyhow...

Did you install any new plugins or update any existing plugins? I have one client who had this issue after updating one of his AU plugins and had to re-scan all of them in 32bit mode for them all to re-appear, for some odd reason...

Do you mean via Little Snitch or something akin to that program? Maybe originally set to deny to prevent a plugin from 'phoning home' so to speak..? If so, that could be the cause of the issue you had once you allowed a plugin to call home.. it may have disabled itself resulting in a re-scan being needed to check and re-enable itself..

Just a guess....

You want to do the opposite.

Some plugins need to 'phone home' to properly register so if you are using all legit plugins then you want to make sure they can 'phone home' so you don't get this issue again when they update...

If you are using some illlegit plugins then this is one of the penalties you pay for doing so.

No judgement.. just being blunt!

Cheers...

No.. I think what might have happened is one of your plugins needed to update.. so it did so, resulting in the need for a rescan. It happens.. Not often, but it happens..

No worries.. I think you will be fine now and as I said before, always allow your legit plugins (and Logic itself for that matter) to 'phone home'.