I/O Labels (Bus Names) Not Saving After Restart

Ocorra

Hi Guys,

I was reading past forum posts in an effort to understand why Bus names tend to stay at Bus 1, Bus 2 etc even when you edit the name at the bottom of the channel strip and I found a 'Solved' post explaining that it needs to be done through the I/O labels dialogue. So this I did, renaming all my buses by changing the label type to 'User' and typing in the name I wanted for it (Perc Bus, Strings Bus etc). It had the desired effect -when I went to bus a track, the bus names were customised - but only temporarily........

.....after saving the project and restarting Logic, they have all reverted back to Bus 1, Bus 2, Bus 3 etc.

Any ideas???

Many thanks in advance,

Dee.

Hi

A Preferences issue?

The I/O labels used to be saved as a separate file, but more recently (Logic 9 or maybe 8 ??), the I/O labels are saved within Logic preferences.

Quit Logic, Go to :Library: Preferences and move "com.apple.logic.pro.plist" to the Desktop.

Restart Logic (note you may need to reconfigure your Audio Preferences) and see if the problem goes away.

HTH

CCT