CoreMIDI.framework "Application Not Responding"

bletty

What version of Protools have you installed. And what version of Logic do you currently have installed?

Sounds like ProTools may have updated the CoreMIDI.framework file. And since it has ben updated, it is no longer working with your current version of Logic.

Try go into the AudioMIDI Setup and rescan your MIDI devices. Then try open up Logic again and see if that works.

I installed ProTools LE 8.0.3 , with Avid MBOX MINI. Logic Version 9.1.3

Tried rescanning devices to no avail.

Jordito: I checked out that thread and related ones. In my Library/Audio/MIDI Drivers folder, I have:

DigidesignFireWireMIDI.plugin

DIgidesignMbox2MIDI.plugin

DigiDioMidiDriver.plugin

From what i understand in the other thread, I am supposed to replace DigiDioMidi.plugin with DigiDioMidiDriver.plugin , correct? However, DigiDioMidiDriver.plugin already exists there.

Bletty, no. You need to replace the DigiDioMidiDriver.plugin that gets installed with PT 8.0.3 with the one included in the previous version (PT 8.0.1)....I'm guessing it would also work if you replace it with the one included in the following version (Assuming Avid/Digidesign took care of it in the updates) so probably simply updating PT to the latest version will take care of it. It's up to you.

In the thread I linked I wrote:

The solution is to replace the DigiDioMIDI.plugin with the one that comes in the 8.0.1 update.

EDIT: I think there's a typo in my quote. It should be "DigiDioMIDIDriver.plugin" instead of just "DigiDioMIDI.plugin".

Anyway, the file with "Dio" in it. Think Ronnie James Dio (RIP).

J.

Thank you!

I took the driver from the ProTools 8.0.5 update and replaced the 8.0.3 driver. Problem solved. Interestingly enough, both the new and old driver had the same name, "DigiDioMidiDriver.plugin"

Please accept this limerick as a token of my gratitude:

One day I was thoroughly pleased

By a gullible man from Belize.

He stopped and he stared when

I simply declared in

America, twins come in threes!

I took the driver from the ProTools 8.0.5 update and replaced the 8.0.3 driver. Problem solved. Interestingly enough, both the new and old driver had the same name, "DigiDioMidiDriver.plugin"

Yes, because they are supposed to be the same file...except for the fact that the one that 8.0.3 installs causes the problems you've experienced.

Please accept this limerick as a token of my gratitude:

One day I was thoroughly pleased

By a gullible man from Belize.

He stopped and he stared when

I simply declared in

America, twins come in threes!

Interesting, thank you for that!

Regards,

J.