Kontakt tries to load what instrument in old project?

swpowe

I've got an old project from v7 I think and I'm trying to find out what instrument kontakt is trying to load. I've got to make some changes to a song but I can't find the original installer for Kontakt (nor do I think it would even run on this machine) so it just shows up as missing. Is there a way to see the data so I'd konw what kontakt is supposed to load? With out the plugin, it won't even show missing samples dialog. It's probably an old library I still have around but I can't tell what it is. Any ideas?

Short Answer - Unfortunately, as far as i am aware.. while you can examine a logic project, you cannot read or determine Kontakt Libraries or presets used from the Project file itself.

Long Answer - If you wish to look for yourself.. You right click on a Logic Project and select "show package contents'. You can then open the folder LgDoc and use textedit to examine the data files within that folder.. maybe there is a way to decode the various plist sections found within that data but so far i haven't found a way myself, to do so... You can search for Kontakt within these data files in textedit and it will show examples of where it is used in that project but i cannot find anything relating to the samples used by Kontakt from the data shown.

Maybe someone else knows how to decode the plist data?

thanks for the reply. I think only version 8 (or maybe 9) is a package. As far as I can tell, version 7 files aren't packages. It appears I'm lost. :-(

Ah.. well if they are not packages then just open the project file in textedit and maybe if you search for Kontakt within that data file you will find some references to the sample libraries but I wouldn't hold my breath... Worth a shot though..